A native North Carolinian, Marcus attended The University of South Carolina in Columbia and then returned to The University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1984. He was then selected to serve an internship with the Office of the State's Attorney in Prince George's County, Maryland. With his appetite whetted for legal service, he returned again to North Carolina and obtained his law degree from Campbell University School of Law in 1988.
Upon graduation from law school, Marcus began his legal career as a criminal defense lawyer on the North Carolina Outer Banks. He continued his criminal defense practice when he and his family moved to Greensboro and he joined the Public Defender's Office of the 18th Judicial District. Two years later, he returned to private practice as a personal injury attorney handling insurance defense work for a short period until focusing entirely on plaintiff causes.
Since that time, he has handled personal injury cases from all over North Carolina that involved issues such as automobile accidents, wrongful deaths and brain injury. Marcus has extensive trial experience in both criminal and civil matters.
Marcus lives in Greensboro, NC with his wife and has 3 amazing adult children.
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina
- 18th Judicial District
- Greensboro Bar Association
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Master, Guilford Inn of Court
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, The Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Past Judge, Guilford County Teen Court
- Past Blood Drive Chairman, Greensboro Bar Association
- Fund Raising, Out of the Garden Project
- Past Sunday School Teacher, Confirmation Teacher and Vestry Member, St. Frances Episcopal Church